A free plugin for Live
Livesync is a series of free Max For Live plugins that accurately synchronize tempos, song positions, clips and track parameters of Ableton Live sets via a network connection.
Tip: for most accurate synchronization, turn off your wireless network adapters (wifi). This will guarantee that only an ethernet connection will be used by the Livesync plugins.
- Two or more computers that run Ableton Live 9 or higher with Max For Live, using Max 6.1.3 or higher.
- The computers you want to synchronize need to be on the same network. The simplest configuration is to have a single ethernet cable between two computers. For multiple computers, connect them all to a simple switch such as this.
HOW TO USE
Note: it is possible that two computers are on the same network but cannot communicate. A way to make sure the computers can reach each other is to do a ping on one computer to the other computer’s ip address.
- Add a Livesync Master plugin to the Live set on the master computer.
- Add a Livesync Slave to the Live set(s) on the slave computer(s).
- The plugins should find each other automatically, the slave plugin should now show that the plugins are connected.
- Press play on the master computer, the slave computer should follow along. To check the accuracy of the link, enable the metronome on both computers. With a proper network connection and the correct Offset setting, the playback should not be distinguishable as two separate sound sources.
- Add the Livesync Clip Listener plugin on a track in the Master set where you have clips that you want to sync to the Slave sets. Note, the clips are synced by name, not by slot.
- Add the Livesync Track Listener plugin on a track in the Master set where you want to sync the volume, mute and/or solo parameters to the Slave sets.